Tuesday 17 March 2009

Food for thought

I was searching for the job for my sister and a very interesting thing happened to me. She is a dancer and I was looking for opportunities in that direction. I was browsing the net and sent a couple of CVs and just a few enquiries. One of the websites was really bright and there was a picture of a woman in a dress, she had an comments section there and I posted a few sentences saying about my sister and left my number ( my sis wouldn't understand a native English speaker ).
The very next day she called me and she told me about her school of dancing and how she had started it, how enjoyed her work, how dancing was a very big part of her life. She sounded so cheerful and so uplifting and it was a such a pleasure to listen to her. She then told me that she was blind. I couldn't believe. She lost her vision at childbirth. She was devastated. She thought that life would stop, but her husband supported her and made her continue dancing and then teaching to dance and she found herself again through art.
She lost her husband later, her helping hand, but she loves the life so much, I could feel, that she kept on going and living an amazing life.
Inspiring, isn't it. Every time someone is down I tell this story and I see eyes lighting up - that's a good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment